The Valley Hospital is located at 223 N Van Dien Ave, Ridgewood, NJ 07450, phone number 201-447-8000.
Valley Hospital is committed to supporting the unique needs of Jewish patients and their families, both physically and spiritually.
- Family members in need of lodging during Shabbat can speak with the Patient and Family Relations Department at 201-447- 8015.
- Kosher meals served by Valley Dining which meet the highest standards of kashruth. Dairy meals are Chalav Yisrael and meat meals are Glatt, with the certification of the Volover Rov (Rabbi N. E. Teitlebaum) and the Vaad of Staten Island. These meals are offered at no cost to one family member for patients in the Mother/Baby and Pediatric units; additional meals may be purchased in any unit by calling 201-447- 8094 or asking a Valley Dining Ambassador.
- Valley has two Kosher Pantries which are stocked by Chesed 24/7 with a variety of kosher snacks and beverages, religious literature, and Jewish books and magazines. The pantries are on the fourth floor of the Cheel building by the elevators and on the Bergen Mother/Baby unit.
- Rabbi Avrohom Marmorstein is available upon request at 201-447- 8150.
- Jewish volunteers visit patients each weekday to provide a friendly Jewish visit and assess Sabbath needs.
- The hospital provides battery operated Shabbat candles as well as juice and challah for celebration of Shabbat for Friday dinner and Saturday lunch.
- Valley builds a sukkah to celebrate Sukkot, and welcomes the Jewish New Year with the blowing of a shofar throughout the hospital on Rosh Hashanah. They also serve matzo for Passover and apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah.
- For more information call the Rabbi or Reverend Mason Jenkins, Supervisor of Pastoral Care, at 201-447- 8150.